FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Michigan's Right to Farm
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
WebSlave
Man, I dunno, but it seems like the problem runs much deeper than this.

Point blank: The less food we CAN produce ourselves, at any level, the more food we will HAVE to import. So who is the ultimate beneficiary of such policies? Like everything else, follow the money trail.

Anyone else becoming concerned about how much of our food supply is actually coming out of China lately? Seriously, our government claims that we NEED to have ethanol polluting our gasoline to try to lessen our dependency on foreign oil while on the other hand they are promoting policies making us more and more dependent on foreign food. Does that make any sense? Well, yeah, I guess it does when you factor in the fact that China basically owns our government. The USA would be bankrupt without those Chinese loans, now wouldn't it? Try to tell me that this fact doesn't influence policy a LOT....

We just picked up a half dozen fruit cups at the grocery store made by Dole. While putting them into the cupboard Connie happened to notice that they were actually made in China. I want her to take them back to the store and tell them WHY we are returning them, to make a point, but she doesn't want to bother with it. She'll either throw them away or give them to someone who doesn't care where they were made. So basically, you HAVE to read the labels on everything you buy. If it doesn't say where it was made or produced, then just assume China. Sorry, but I may very well tolerate using tools and appliances made in China, but damned if I will knowingly eat any foodstuffs coming from there.