FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Underground Reptiles: Sick animal inquiry?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 02:01 AM   #60
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
You roll the dice every time you purchase wild caught animals. Especially cheap wild caught animals.
Someone else has come forward stating that they bought a CB water snake from Underground, and it's exhibiting the same symptoms. So, this doesn't seem to be a purely WC issue.

He quite obviously is dealing with his sick snakes - as are some others, it seems. Considering that this thread seems to be more of a PSA than anything, and it may end up saving a lot of people a lot of trouble, I don't really see the need for griping about it. He's definitely not coming across to me as someone who really has any interest in simply assigning blame or getting any money out of the seller. Upon realizing that there were others who were having the very same problem from the very same seller, I think he did the right thing, in going public with the situation. There tends to be a lot of back-alley dealing going on in the herp world, and some of it ends up being really harmful for the masses who aren't privy until it's too late.

This is looking like something that could potentially shape up into a situation where keeping it hidden may have done many people a great disservice. We can speculate about whether or not Underground would have been nearly so proactive in addressing the situation with recent customers, had he gone to them first, but I have my doubts about that. Either way, there's no real point in kicking a guy in the nuts for trying to help the community as a whole, while seemingly asking for nothing from those who appear responsible for putting him in a lousy situation.

As was previously suggested, maybe those of us in the peanut gallery should put the pitchforks away until more relevant information comes forth.