FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #3
hayshaven
Gary bought 8 leopard geckos from me on 8/24/2002. Approximately a week later he called saying that the 3 albinos were sick. He also stated that he had bought some baby fattails from another breeder before he got mine and they had died right after mine arrived. Keep in mind that at this time the ones he had bought from me were still alive. He got a refund or replacement from the other breeder. Which in my mind would say that he had also blamed them for the death of his lizards. We contacted eachother a few times over the next week or so. During this time he changed the vets diagnosis a number of times, along with the number of my leos that he had lost. Originally there was 1 dead, 1 sick, 1 OK. It changed next to 2 dead, 1 OK. Then all 3 were supposedly dead. Next thing you know there was only 1 that had died. To this day I still don't know for sure how many if any died. After talking to 2 other breeders (That have asked to not be mentioned) who have had bad experiences dealing with Gary Bolton. I talked it over with my wife and we decided that not to send him the gecko. I understand the risk that I'm taking by not sending him the gecko. But I honestly believe that my geckos were extremely healthy when they left here, and that the fattails were the original cause of the problem. I e-mailed him about this, but he outright said he doesn't want to talk about the fattails. I have a large list of references, if anyone is interested. If anyone has any questions to ask about this, please feel free to e-mail me at: jva95@msn.com
Jason Hays