FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #132
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
There is no such thing as t- albino blue tegu. ALL ALBINO BLUE TEGUS are t+ just lighter and darker forms of the same mutation.....both hatch from the same clutches....
at first i thought an albino blue was different than an albino purple. then i realized though the same the only difference is basically the color or look (purple is darker)
on july 31 and aug 16, after ty kept telling me that he did not produce any albimo blues he only produced the albino purples..and that "albino which i owe you is $2,500 purple are $5,000"
ty labled them as an T- albino blue ($2,500. and a T+ albino purple $5,000 (the lighter one "blue" is a "T-" and the darker one "purple" is a "T+")

this is what i thought and maybe i am wrong but either way his wordage on the march 10th raffle terms was "for 2 albino tegus"
he only produced the purples.
i asked him if he could send me a purple. he refused because he sells those for $5,000 so he told me he was going to pick one up from another breeder that he is paying for it so i could have one.
i asked him if he could just pay me instead because i thought it was for one he produced and i told him that i dont know how i feel getting one from another breeder. i asked him fr the breeders info and he refused to give me that as well as he wouldn't send me any pics of the tegu he said he was going to send me

Amelanistic = does not have the pigment named melanin. Melanin produces the black and brown colors. An amelanistic reptile could still have red, yellow, blue, and white colors because they are not produced by melanin-based pigments.

Albino = has less than the normal amount of a pigment. It is often synonymous with amelanistic. But depending on useage, it could apply to a non-melanin-based pigment (albino plants have no chlorophyll) or to an animal with some melanin-based pigment.

T-.....Tyrosinase negative albino = an animal that lacks melanin because it cannot make tyrosinase. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that catalyses the first two steps of the multistep conversion of an amino acid named tyrosine into melanin.

T+....Tyrosinase positive albino = an animal that can make tyrosinase but cannot produce melanin. Some tyrosinase positive albinos look like tyrosinase negative albinos, and some have some melanin. There are a variety of causes that produce tyrosinase positive albinos