FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #30
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Russ- You must not be in the retail reptile business, but a shed hanging on branches, and spread out looks cool to the regular joe browsing a shop. Sorry it doesnt look good to you.
Looks dirty to me and im the regular joe. sheds, if kept should be displayed by hanging them or laying across something but not in the tank. Like saying " leave its feces in the cage so they know its eating".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
We dont make a practice of it, but we do leave it in if it is wrapped up neatly on branches or stretched out. I can actually tell you the first thing people say, is not what a cool snake! it is "wow, look at the shed". If you had any daily experience in a retail shop like ours, you would hear it over 10 times a day. Our traffic flow and browsers allow for this, and it is repeated constantly. We also put shed tarantula molts all over the store, and people get a huge kick out of that. Once we even put several in a cage with a tarantula and asked people to see which one was the molt and which one was not.
So you sell the snake because there is shed in the tank? any other pet shop owner do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeman1 View Post
Does the OP have anything else better to do?
Man thats a serious problem when a snake is displayed like that with a serious mite problem. Thats from a outsider looking in. I have nothing to lose or gain from this.