FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - good beginner venomous snake
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #58
Mustangrde1
Steven. A word of advice do not worry about what people say or think about you or trying to be the "BEST EVER" instead listen to the words of people who obviously care and have genuine concern. Try to be the " Best " you can be to yourself. You will find in stiving for that goal greater satisfaction then trying to out do someone else.

I would never try to out do anyone when it comes to medical knowledge of reptiles yet I stive to be better for myself everyday and use several other persons with knowledge in reptile care as back up refferances. I am pretty good at it myself but would be a fool to think i ever know it all or even more foolish not to ask for others opinions.

One problem kids make and beleive it or not we were all kids one time is. That we let our emotions ingage long before our minds caught up to them. Even as adults some things still can set off the emotions and at that point we need to appolgise to those we offended and listen and think about the situation better. Maturity comes with age.

The person who keeps getting bitten would deffinately not be a good trainer as you have figured out. In fact im very suscpious of his truthfullness about how many bites if really any he has had. I can not speak for him as I do not know him but from experiance some people think being bitten is some badge of honor to brag about. Trust me it is not in fact it is the one thing any venomous keeper fights to prevent from happening.

If as i said to Eric it is your goal to someday becomming a hot keeper ask question. Except the answers as they are given to you then research it more. I can not tell you how many times ive gone over the same paper rereading information to better understand it. And remember The only stupid question is the one not asked!