FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Jim Talioferro - Dead Shipment/Unresponsive
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 AM   #79
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
Unfortunately I doubt anyone in law enforcement will care, because it is "just a turtle." Too sad.
I really hate such blanket statements.
Although LE can take action, and some may, chances are that LE would refer such cases to Animal Control, Game Warden, etc.
Not because they do not care, but because there may be a "feel" that such cases (re. animals) are more appropriate to be handled by agencies that deal, more specifically, with animals.
I can tell you, first hand, that there are plenty of LE officers that do care ... and care a lot.
Also, if the OP is not refunded, it would be a civil matter (under the eyes of the law). The male being smaller, than what was stated (in private communication), would also be a civil matter.
Smuggling (should that be a case) is also handled by different agencies.
Fraud could be taken up, by LE, but I don't think that fraud fits into this because Jim did send what was advertised (the female).

That said, this situation (with the tortoises) just sickens me to no end. It creates an "agony", within me, when I think of what these tortoises must have gone through ... especially that poor, beautiful, female!
Wish I could place the responsible individuals in an oven... tit for tat.
However, since that is not possible (or legal), I truly hope some productive legal measures, along with animal cruelty charges, can/will be taken upon Jim and his SO.