FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Changes to the infraction system as a result of the BOI going away
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Rich, could you please clarify what constitutes "BOI-style posts"? I am sincerely unclear about the boundaries, and don't want to run afoul of them. I recently got part of a post deleted that simply corrected the spelling of a user's name and linked to their user profile to ensure correct identification of them, so apparently this is a pretty strict guideline (I am at all not complaining about this; I'm just illustrating how a reasonable person might be caught off guard).

For example, are replies to ads that point out falsehoods in the ad (say, an ad that claims to be for an angolan python that includes a picture of a ball python as representing the animal for sale) "BOI-style"? (This thread seems to explicitly allow these sorts of replies: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=246614)

Is the pointing out of legal issues with an ad (an ad for a leatherback turtle, for example) a BOI-style post?

Is posting "Hey man, nice snake! I love the one you just sold me!" a BOI-style post? Or "Nice animal - good luck with the sale"?

It seems mentioning users by name is possibly a big part of this rule; is posting "did @faunauser breed this animal?", or "did you get this turtle from @convictedsmuggler?" a BOI-style post?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, truly. If you clarify things, though, you might have fewer headaches in the future from users who simply don't know what is permitted and what isn't.