FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Late to the Game
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #1
BroomeSticke
Late to the Game

Hello everyone!

I've always been fascinated by reptiles, and convinced my parents to let me get my first corn snake back in high school. Unfortunately, due to time/space/financial constraints during college and pharmacy school, my experience with the reptile hobby was watching other people interact with amazing animals on Youtube. However, after 8+ years of school, I FINALLY have a job, FINALLY have space, and am excited to start building my collection.

I feel like I'm very behind all of the other people in the hobby who have been doing this for years, but I'm eager to learn!

I do have a question for venomous keepers in Virginia. It is a very distant goal of mine to someday keep arboreal vipers. I know a lot of skill is needed to keep these properly, and wouldn't feel comfortable keeping them without training. However, I know exactly 0 people who keep reptiles in real life, let alone venomous ones, and I don't know where to start. Does anyone have advice for a complete noob with no experience or contacts who wants to eventually own a venomous snake?

Thank you all for reading my blurb!
-Caitlin