FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What is so difficult about sending an email
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
For clarification - my last statement was not really about a call upon receipt...I've run into a few people that won't do anything by email (though they'll advertise online, and post an email address) other than to instruct interested parties to call them. My dislike of talking on the phone aside, I like email because it provides a record of the details. If a person/business doesn't want my money because I'm not interested in calling them, I can usually find another one that does.
I wholeheartedly agree, and I hate talking on the phone. I won't deal with someone who wants phone conversation only in the beginning stages of a deal. What can be done via phone that can't be done via email? I also like to have something in writing. No thanks, I'll shop elsewhere if they try to saddle me with that ultimatum.

I try to email or call as soon as I have the package opened and verify that the animal(s) is/are alive. I know how much I stress until I hear something I shipped got there okay, so I try to let senders know as soon as I am physically able. I had something happen recently where animals arrived and I only had time to put them into Q tubs and bolt out the door, no time to contact the sender. I did contact them later in the day about them once I got back home, but I felt horrible about it being so late.