FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What is so difficult about sending an email
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
It seems some folks are combining LIVE ARRIVAL of a critter with the HEALTH AND HAPPINESS of a critter. They are in fact two totally separate issues and have nothing to do with one another.
In my opinion, which may not be worth much, this isn't fact, but an opinion. That's just the way you feel. I don't draw that distinction, between Alive and Healthy. In my opinion, a sick snake is just as bad, if not worse, then a dead one. What if the illness is contagious and could spread to rest of my collection?

I also, won't do business with a person who offers, only, a live arrival guarantee. If you can't stand behind your animals, for a period of time, after it's sold, then you aren't worth my time or money. Granted, there are exceptions to this rule, like out of egg sales, etc. But, this is a different topic, for a different day, for a different thread.

As I have said in my previous post, I agree, a timely Email should be sent. I'm not saying that a buyer should wait hours, before sending it. I'm just saying that I don't agree with requiring an Email, immeadiately upon arrival. I'm sorry, but I am going to have an opportunity to look over my new snake, make sure it is set up properly and is healthy before I do anything else.

Happiness, is a different story. I don't know if snakes feel the same emotions as we and if they do, would they actually feel happy, after a bumpy, stinky, journey, in a dark box. I seriously doubt it.

As I have mentioned before, this is my opinion and based on my own experiences.

Wayne