FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Carnivorous Plants
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #33
WebSlave
Well, I think I'm doing better with the sundews than I am with the flytraps. The flytraps don't seem to actually be taking the full sun as well as I was led to believe. I put the new ones out to catch full morning sun and be shaded in the afternoon, but the morning sun burned some of them pretty badly.

The sundews out in my mini-bog seem to be doing just fine in full sun nearly all day long. One of them is getting a lot of red color to it and flowering. I haven't put the two newer ones out there as I was afraid they might get damaged by the sun.

I've got the flytraps sitting on the porch to catch some brief dappled sun in the morning, hoping they will bounce back. Maybe they just need to be better acclimated before tossing them into full sun.

Here's pics of the two original flytraps that are out in the mini-bog exposed to full sun most of the day.

I'm leaving them there so I can see what happens. Maybe they'll bounce back and the new growth will be better able to withstand the sunlight.

Here's a pic of the mini-bog Connie and I set up. Nothing fancy, to be sure.

The two sundews there look like they are doing just fine, I guess..

Of the newer flytraps that got burned from that half day of full sun, these look the worse for wear.

Of course the largest of the bunch was one that got really zapped by the sunlight. But hopefully they will bounce back for me.