FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Trader's Ratings promotion
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Trader's Ratings promotion

We've had the Trader's Ratings function on this site nearly forever, it seems, but from what I can tell, it is only very lightly used by anyone. Truth be known, I suspect that nearly half the people here don't even know it exists, and the other half just forgot about it completely.

So a little while back while I was involved in testing the Trader's Ratings because of a failure related with the server migration, I got to thinking about it. Mostly because while testing, I decided the best way to test was to actually DO a Trader's Rating on someone, and decided that using a member who just purchased a Benefactor level membership would fit that bill.

So after the testing, I was going to delete the positive rating I gave, but then gave pause to think about it a bit. Why not leave it? After all, wasn't this actually a commercial transaction? As such, am I not justified in doing my own Trader's Ratings for such people who are financially supporting this site?

Of course, one thing led to another, and I started thinking that perhaps I really should do this for ALL members who are helping to financially support this site. This could have a desired side effect of introducing them to the Trader's Ratings (or perhaps re-introducing them), and perhaps show them it's usage and perhaps act as encouragement for them to USE it much more than it has been in the past.

So here is the deal. Beginning on October 1, 2017, I will give positive Trader's Ratings for every member who donates $$ to this site, either as a paying level member, or a sponsor of any forum. This, of course, is going to be experimental in the sense that I want to see if this action will have a positive effect on several fronts for this site and the membership. Honestly, it is a completely manual process I will have to do, so if I discover that it has absolutely no positive effect, then I will discontinue the practice as soon as I come to my senses. But otherwise, hoping for the best, this will be implemented at the beginning of the month.

Unless, of course, one or more people can convince me of something I haven't thought of that would actually be detrimental to this site.

So there you have it. Probably won't mean a hill of beans to most people, but maybe some people might like this change.