FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Vote***financing Fauna***vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #31
tarantulakeeper
Why I paid $25...

is for the same reason I contribute to my local FM radio station for hosting NPR...I come to this site often and I wanted to contribute. I didn't pay though, until I'd been lurking for about four months. I doubt I would have paid up front. Having access to the BOI for free helped me research who to send my money to, and who to avoid. As a long time keeper of tarantulas and having done many transactions via the internet I know how nervous one can get sending money to someone on trust. Believe me, there are scammers out there selling arachnids. I am a hobbiest, having increased my snakes from 2 to seven, and being able to access the BOI for free has been a benefit. If it keeps just one person from being taken by a crook, I think it should remain free.
It might be too difficult to do, but ebay got started with the seller being charged a small fee when an item sold. Maybe the classifieds could work that way, nothing to list an item, but a percentage given to fauna based on the sale price. Maybe fauna needs a 'pledge week', like a telethon. lol John