FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - golden gecko
Thread: golden gecko
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
WebSlave
Neil, I'm not sure what you mean by "see what I mean???..."

Although it does state in the header section of this forum that all posts must have a FULL NAME attached to it, if you will read the RULES you will note the following:

Quote:
ALL messages that are posted either for or against someone else, MUST have a full name to the post and a valid email address. ANY message that does not have both will be considered an anonymous posting and be subject to being deleted with NO warning. Identification is NOT required for someone making an inquiry or posting innocent INFO.
Let me repeat this: If someone is simply posting an inquiry about someone and the post is not slanted for or against this person or business, it is NOT required to have a full name in the posting. The purpose of the full name is so someone making a FOR or AGAINST statement about someone MUST show ownership of their statement. Anything that is an inquiry, or perhaps a neutral piece of information neither pro nor con, is perfectly acceptable if the name is not provided along with the statement.

Yes, I know it would make enforcement of the rule MUCH easier if I just required ALL postings to have a name attached, but I really don't have a problem with someone just skating in on here to inquire about someone anonymously. There really is no harm in doing that.

Examples:

OK No name required.

Has anyone dealt with Neil Gubitz?

I am interesting in doing business with Neil Gubitz. Any opinions?

Does anyone know if Neil is a good guy to deal with?

=================================

NOT OK Name required.

I think Neil Gubitz is a real great guy, but I want to make sure here on the BOI.

I've heard some bad things about Neil, can anyone confirm or deny them?

My mom says Neil Gubitz is a real sweet guy. My dad frowns whenever she says this. Anyone got any opinions?

I hope this clarifies it a bit.