FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Breeding Black Pak to Suphan Cobra
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
psilocybe
I generally dislike hybrids, but if you're really determined to go through with this, it shouldn't be that difficult.

To avoid having the snakes eat each other, make sure they are of similar size (which it sounds like they are), and well fed prior to introduction. I'm not sure how cannibalistic Asian Naja tend to be, but it's always prudent to be careful and avoid the possibility of ending up with one fat snake instead of two.

I've never bred cobras, but from what I've heard, it's not particularly difficult. Throw them in together and see what happens.

You'd probably want a decently sized cage since cobras are active animals and mating may be somewhat violent and frenzied. More space may also decrease the chances of cannibalism.

My guess is that at least some of the offspring would resemble dark versions of N. kaouthia, while some may lack the monocle all together and just look like black paks.

As always with hybrids, if you decide to sell them, make sure they are marketed as exactly what they are....no sense diluting pure-bred blood lines with hybrids.