FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What is a proper feeding schedule for boas?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
these numbers fluctuate, give or take some days - I feed more in the summer and less in the winter, I feed items that do not leave a large bulge, one item per feeding. I feed based on what I perceive the needs of the snake to be and I lean heavily to the slow-grow side. I've been told I 'maintenance feed' like it is a bad thing and I know not everyone will agree with how I do things but my animals seem to thrive so this works for me.

babies - 7-14 days
juvis - 2-4 weeks
adults - 3-6 weeks

My '06 female babies on this schedule are expected to be 'of size' to breed next year (6 years old). My '09 babies are just now hitting the 4' mark.

Powerfeeding to me is - growing an animal as fast as possible in order to achieve a desired size for quick breeding attempts.

Powerfeeding to me is feeding an animal as soon as it poops out the last meal, feeding it as much as it will consume, bumping up food sizes as quickly as possible, foods which leave a very large bulge, a snake that has visible fat deposits on the tail and is still being pumped with food.