FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Gary,

I'm not taking sides here as I don't know either one but I agree with what the rest have said, you should provide some sort of proof. At least post a scanned vet report. If you don't have the original one I wouldn't doubt Dr. Shaw can issue a copy. After all it's not every day geckos come to a clinic and are diagnosed with cellulitis.

As for the condition, cellulitis (usually a form of skin infection) does exist as an ailment in herps; bacteria such as streptococcus and staphylococcus can be the infective agent, and it's treatment (aside from supportive therapy, as suggested) is with antibiotics (like tetracycline). In my opinion if someone was going to make-up an unexisting ailment (and I'm not saying Gary has done it) he will most likely not choose a relatively rare finding such as cellulitis, and provide details about the causing organism and it's treatment. This is just my opinion of course.

Assuming you post a vet report, you still have to provide proof though as of which geckos infected which.

Regards.