FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Whose to blame for sexing mistakes?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:57 AM   #6
dwedeking
Excellent post Clay. That covers the major points.

Daniel,

If you are spending that type of money on a snake shouldn't a vet visit be a priority within the health guarantee time frame (especially if your not experienced) since this is an investment purchase. Have it sexed while you are there.

Also an as example. We produce bearded dragons in the thousands each year. It would be difficult to keep pictures of each one for 1, 2 ...4 years in any type of filing system that would be easily workable (or cost efficient). What about someone like Rich Z that produces the large amounts of corn snakes every year? Your talking about a full time employee just to cover paperwork. I'd rather put that man power focus on customer service or animal care.

On the subject of TOS. For us this is our protection. We commonly go beyond our stated TOS to satisfy the customer. But when we smell something funny with a complaint this gives us a clearly stated line we can fall back on.

This is my stated point of view as a seller.

As a buyer I check when they come in (now that I know how to sex snakes). Before I knew I'd grab someone that knew how to do it and have them double check. Just like I do with every product that UPS delivers so I can get any issues resolved right away.