FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Priority Mail?
Thread: Priority Mail?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
ForkedTung
Question Priority Mail?

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this so please let me know if it's not, I purchased 2 juvenile cornsnakes 07' earlier this year online from someone whom shall remain anonymous at this point. They were shipped together and upon receipt from the Mailman (more on this) I didn't know which was the Male or Female, the only obvious difference was one was emaciated. I immediately emailed seller asking if the male was the "skinny" one because he was exactly that. He later had problems shedding ( I had to bath and essentially peel most off myself)and regurged every pinky after a day or two and later died. I kept seller informed and he pointed to various possible problems and stated he ate and shed for him. After he died I informed seller whom offered condolences and 10$ off next purchase. I never replied because I was hoping/expecting that he would offer a refund.
I just started keeping cornsnakes again ( had a corn and Boa many moons ago) . I currently have 3 corns and have never had any problems with them. I have the female he sent and she ate and shed perfectly from day one and was and is kept in exactly the same conditions as the male.
One of the reasons I purchased from him is he offered a decent price, good hets and "FREE SHIPPING". He mailed the snakes Priority Mail through the post office. I later found out, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, that this is illegal? This person from what I can tell is a pretty experienced breeder and sells on many of the cornsnake sites and therefore would know that mailing a snake via the post office is illegal. I went back through my emails ( all of which I still have) because I remembered him saying the box would say "harmless live lizard" he did this he said because the mailmen would treat it better?
Once I found out that it was probably illegal ( thereby making me an ignorant party to it) to send me this sickly snake and that He LIED to me about why he labelled it so I was pretty angry.
I am considering approaching him with this, Would it be reasonable to expect a full refund? and should the reptile community be made aware of this "FREE SHIPPING" person if he refuses to correct this wrong? or should I just chalk this up to lesson learned?http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...cons/icon5.gif