FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - High End Herps (Inquiry)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #158
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
By the same token I believe as a community we have a larger obligation to wait until wrong doing is proven. So far I have seen a lot of circumstantial "evidence" and no actual proof.

Suppose everyone decided to vote bad guy based on pressure from the handful of posters here who are convinced that this guy is the same as the other person. Then 2 months from now it is proven that he is in fact not this Damon character. What then? You can go back and change your vote, but can you reverse the potential damage to his business that was caused by the two months of being labeled a "bad guy"?

You mention your gut and how it is rarely wrong, that's fine if you are comfortable going on your gut feeling, but don't presume that it is everyones "obligation" to vote bad guy. Some of us possibly require a higher level of proof than circumstantial "evidence" and gut feelings before we are willing to cast a negative vote against someone.
Understood Sam but the opposite is also true. What if he does harm to another and we did nothing?

My belief is that we have to vote our conscience when it comes to this. Your conscience is telling you to remain neutral. Mine is stating otherwise. It's when your conscience is telling you something that I believe you have an obligation to vote.

Griz