FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
With the above in mind, as of February 02, 2019 (Groundhog Day, which seems appropriate) the Board of Inquiry will only be accessible to contributing level members and above on this site. That will include the paid membership levels and the forum sponsors. No one else will be able to see the content of the BOI threads, nor the topic lines describing such threads in that forum any longer after that date.

Sorry, but the lack of support I now see just doesn't make it reasonable for my planning to continue sticking my neck out for the BOI in the future.
No apology is necessary, at least the way I look at it!

I've always felt that everyone should contribute to the site; not only the BOI portion, but the classifieds as well. (As I quickly check to see if my own subscription is still in effect )

I remember when you with removed the requirement where someone had to be a contributing member, to place classified ads. I still think there should be a small fee; maybe $5 or something.

As Lucille (I think!) said on the other thread, people are used to paying a fee for everything these days, and I don't think you'll get a lot of flack for implementing something for the classifieds section.

You had mentioned that you had complaints from people when their credit cards were charged for membership renewals. Won't the system allow someone to make a payment without giving auto-billing permission?

Anyway, just some thoughts on the matter. I will continue to contribute as long as the site stays up and running.

Kathy