FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - IL call to action new law affecting ALL animals
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
Clay Davenport
I'm speaking only for myself in reference to my own post.
I'm not saying we shouldn't fight this bill, I'm only saying from the report posted by PIJAC, it does not affect us in the way the original post suggests.
I'm not in favor of any additional legislation concerning the pet industry. Any legislation passed often open the doors to other bills and it will affect us all in the end.
If this bill will concern the pet keeper who orders an animal from an out of state breeder, or in fact will impact hep shows, then PIJAC needs to revise their description of the bill itself. From the wording they used it affects only licensed entities.

In your first post you mentioned you spoke directly with people from PIJAC, but you didn't mention what they said exactly, the post was basically just a call to join their group.

As I said I believe in fighting any such law as this, but if the intent of the law is misunderstood from the start, the efforts of the people protesting are hindered from the start.
If you protest a proposed law on the basis that it will affect you in a way that it actually doesn't then your entire argument falls apart.
Before you can argue against a proposed bill, you have to know exactly what that bill will result in if passed.