FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy CCSB Reptile Rescue- Chad Griffin
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:23 AM   #10
Lucille
First of all, I'm sorry you were sold a sick critter and there is no excuse for selling a critter like that. But you did have a chance to examine it prior to purchase, and if it had all that stuck shed and was lethargic, and you were already put on notice by the conditions you say you saw in the store, perhaps you should have not purchased it.
And it appears that your seller was and is willing to give you a refund, perhaps instead of calling the vet first you could have called the seller and returned it for a refund at that point.
While I reiterate that an ill critter should not be sold, I think in general it is best to communicate with the seller first if there is an issue, and see if there is a resolution prior to incurring vet bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehherp View Post
Unfortunately my phone was dead and i didn't take any pictures
Quote:
i get quite a good bit aways home, and notice a clicking sound that i immediately recognized as something respiratory. So i immediately called griffin exotics
How did you call if your phone was dead?

Quote:
The vet then came to the conclusion, that aside from having layers upon layers of stuck shed, being pretty significantly underweight and lethargic, this baby had a respiratory infection that had ether started as or spread into a skin infection that showed up as hard nodule like things down her back, and up turned scales around her feet.
When you looked at the lizard in the store, didn't you see all of this?