FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - DHL lost two shipments of snakes in one week!! One took a week to receive!!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
lizfortune
DHL lost two shipments of snakes in one week!! One took a week to receive!!

I just want to let anybody who is planning on shipping or receiving snakes about two recent experiences I had with DHL. I had them pick up a package in the late afternoon on a Tuesday for overnight 10:30AM Wednesday morning delivery from Arizona to California. It took them until the following Monday to locate the package and it finally arrived around 5PM on Tuesday evening.

The other package was picked up on a Thursday afternoon and was supposed to be delivered by 10:30AM on Friday morning. It finally arrived late Saturday afternoon.

I spoke to several representatives, and both of my customers did, and we each spoke with several employees during the period that the packages were unaccounted for and felt a lack of professionalism and concern on their part. The search was turned over to two investigators (one for each package) and neither one seemed to know what was going on. When I touched base with my customers, they were being told different things than I was on what had actually happened and the location of the packages. When the packages arrived, I had received a telephone call informing me that it was being delivered that afternoon. The other package, I had to find out from my customer as I never heard from DHL. In addition, when this initially happened, I was told that I would receive a telephone call from somebody looking into the missing package and I had to call back three times before I was able to get any assistance.

Since these two incidents, I have not heard from anybody from DHL to follow-up to see if the animals even made it (which they did thankfully) or to apologize for their mistakes.

If this happened once, I would say accidents happen. However, it happened two times in a row, I will not chance my animals with them again.
Brian Aish
Alisaalicia04@aol.com