FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #59
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
Here is a legit question..... How can you justify freehandling a mocc.... And who told you they can not kill you...... There is a person that fequents thes forums that can tell you differently...... Infact he owns one that killed a person.... So you held the mocc in your hands to show off its colors???? I keep gaboons and never felt the need to hold them in my hands to show coloration..... That is just about the stupidest thing I have read yet..... And yes people like you do bad things for this hobby including getting it banned..... You will get bitten one day but I guess that is natures way of getting rid of bad genetics..... Too bad it impacts our hobby so much when some dummy gets bitten......
Would it be justification if showing that free handling certain individual venomous snakes of certain species show that they really aren't as horribly terrifying and utterly dangerous (if the right precautions are taken) as the uneducated majority think they are? You know the same people that call them poisonous snakes and agree to have them bannen on the basis of expertise knowledge or is it more realistically fear?

Wait so being bitten is nature's way of getting rid of bad genetics? Well what about all the "responsible" keepers that have gotten bit or even zookeeper who have gotten bit? Should venomous snakes be banned in Zoos?

Venom labs that make antivenom free handle venomous? Shouldn't they be scrutinized as irresponsible keepers?