FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Formation of Exclusive Cliques...
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
Glenn Bartley
The Formation of Exclusive Cliques...

on herp web site, wherein the people post pretty much only in the specific forum in which they have an interest regardless that the content they post in a thread would be much more appropriate in another forum. For instance a question about gut loading feeder insects would be best in the feeders forum not in a forum about a certain type of herp. By such threads being repeatedly placed in a species specific forum, it is as if the posters are snubbing their noses at the remainder of the site's membership as if they are only taking the bother to write threads or posts for others who have their own interest - even when the thread is of a more general interest. Sure we can go to that species specific forum to look for questions about feeders, or for questions about caging, or questions about BOI type inquiries, or questions about the gossip or the web wars on other sites, or for what food t feed meal worms, or for info about car crashes, and on and on, but there are already forums in place on this site in which all of those types of threads would be better addressed. Then when I want to get info on how to gut load feeder insects (for example) I'd go to the forum about feeders not to a forum about lizards.

I am not talking about the occasional misplaced thread either, but about repeated cut and dry cases of inappropriate threads being placed into a species specific forum. It just seems pretty darned exclusive to me.

Best regards,
Glenn B