FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 08:32 PM   #132
Lonermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostkauze
Wow, I didnt even know Ft. Lauderdale had such a ban. I guess that can explain what shut down that big cat breeding facility in SW Ranches before it became a city... glad I never got into monkeys. (or is it monkies... no its monkeys...?)

Michael
interstign point about monkeys . there used to be a monkey farm in Dania in the 50's & 60's-(?) . when they closed down they released the primates into the wild . for many years they could be seen daily feeding at the edge of the forest next to a trailer park . i myeslf went down there several times .i had see, them in groups anywhere from 20 -40 . i didnt attempt to feed them as they were livign inthe wild and i didnt want to make them more human dependant or have them get too comfortable with people . the peopl in the trailer park started chaszing people off and jsut a couple years ago i read a report on them . a primatologist had gone looking for them . they no longer come to the edge of the forest and no reliable sightings have been made in about 5 years . the researcher could npot find any trace of them . granted ,as they admitted they may have moved back deeper into the woods and now shun human contact . I hope this is what happened . i find it hard but not impossible to believe that they lived for over twenty years then suddenly died out in 5 or so . it is my fondest hope that they are still livign happily in the trees somewhere in Broward county . :scatter: