FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #123
Morelia4life
Ok. Lets see.

Try to make a Gaboon viper into a harmless corn snake. (Check).
Try to make the Gaboon viper as uncomfortable as can be. (check).
Care more about people thinking I am cool then I care about the safety and quality life of my viper. (check).
Spend xxxxx amounts of money to have a surgery on my snake to make him "harmless" so I can finally be man enough to clean his cage after he has sat in his own defication for a month. (check).

Yep. There you have it. Making a hot snake into a corn snake is sooooo cool. I wish I could be that cool. Tomorrow I think I am going to buy a Fierce snake for about $4k and then spend another grand or so or however much it cost so I can try and make it into a corn snake because corn snakes or cool and all but I want a deadly snake but I don't want to handle the deadly snake because I am a little that is too afraid to man up to the venomous snake I bought so I guess I will just degrade his quality of life so I can play with him like a corn snake. YAY!!!!

Leave the venomous snakes alone. If you don't want to handle a venomous snake because you are too afraid of the consequences WHEN you get bit then don't buy them. Venomous snakes are like fish. They are pretty to look at but they are a no go as far as handling. You can handle them when you have to for say cleaning and things but that is it.

People that want to make venomoids just because they are "all mighty man" are pretty pathetic in my book. My two favorites hots are the Gaboon Viper and the Bush Vipers and I would never do that to one if I could keep them. If I got bit by one and I died then oh well, happens. Don't degrade the quality of life of an animal just to suite your own needs. It is beyond selfish and pathetic.