FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Open discussion on the new "west"
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I will continue my opinion here.....LOL.

There is a HUGE difference in removing posts, which ends up having no consequence whatsoever to the person who posted it (and they can just go back and repost it....as many times as they wish), and assessing warning points to a user, which can in the end cause THEM to be removed....and cost them REAL money to get back here. And the "offending" posts remain. I really fail to see any real similarities.

While I think Rich's idea is a good one in theory, I think it's going to create a big ol mess. New people aren't going to understand it..heck, there's people who have been on here for a long time now and still don't understand the karma or trader ratings system. And of course, like anything else, there WILL be people that abuse it.....either purposely or out of ignorance at the way it's set up. Some people get mighty pissy just over "karma"....just imagine what they are going to do when they get warning points.
I can see that happening as well. It looks like things are going to get mighty interesting very soon.