FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bearded Dragon Calcium Question ? ? ?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello JG,

Do you use a bright white lightbulb for basking & warmth? Or, just the ceramic heat emitter? She needs bright white light, along with the UVB. Your temps are definitely fine. How old is your UVB?
The crickets, superworms, & silkies are fine then. No problem. There are hornworms & phoenix worms but what you are using is fine. I would cut down on the pinkies though, to every other week. Really, if you start giving her some liquid calcium during those times, she will be fine. The pinkies do have alot of fat in them, & you don't want to expose her to risks of getting fatty liver disease.
The calcium with D3 should only be given 5 times weekly. The D3 can buildup in her system. I think if you got the liquid calcium instead of giving pinkies so often she will be fine. Also, I wouldn't give Kale more than 1-2 times weekly as it will bind calcium since it has oxalates in it. You can give greens & veggies daily though. Normally, for an adult, about 50 feeders weekly is sufficient. You can just increase when breeding or gravid for a bit.
Her size is really good, at 21 inches, & 500 grams. At 1 1/2 years, just give her a bit more time. I would wait though until she is 2 to breed. You could probobly safely take her to 600 grams at her length. Glad to hear your male was 2 years at breeding.
Yeah I would definitely test for adenovirus before getting into a larger breeding realm. It can be absolutely devastating to your entire colony, not to mention the public.
Your incubation information & setup sounds fine to me.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tracie