FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is it worth getting FedEx Certified?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
MR_Jungle_Mist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex134
Is it worth getting FedEx Certified?
Yes, for some. No, for others. In your case I'd say no, not really. It's a lot of trouble for the amount of shipping you'd do.

Quote:
ssed but I need to ship a couple snakes and lizards thought the year. Is it worth it and what does everyone think about it.
Might not be worth it. You might be better off using other means if they are available or just not shipping at all and just finding local sales.

Quote:
How do you ship with them?
We got FedEx verified, went through all the proper procedures and ship in insulated boxes with more than enough packing material and heat packs, air holes, etc etc

Quote:
Where do you bring the package to?
Because of how far out in the sticks we are we bring our packages to be picked up at a local Mailbox Etc.. place. We've talked to the owners and told them what we will be shipping and receiving and they were happy to be there for us when we needed them to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
The only downside to their live animal program is that shipments can only be made to business destinations.
We've never run into that problem. We've been able to ship to any address, residential or business. As stated in the other post...it always comes down to who you speak to, who comes into contact with the package on it's route, and all their attitudes towards reptiles.

Just my two cents, of course.