FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #168
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
Rich, Thank you for taking the time to clear the air. I am glad to hear that’s not the case. Stills seems a bit odd that you say that you are playing legal jeopardy by just keeping the BOI where it’s always been but now suddenly and for no reason of any substance you are shutting it down? Oh and you and I both know there is a huge difference between shutting a section of a website site and or deleting files. Where there is smoke there is usually fire was not the case I guess. Where did I suggest that you are legally, or ethically obligated to keep the BOI open? Seems to me that you created this site and the BOI. I just don’t get why you would shut it down for no reason? Then you get defensive and throw around phrases like legal jeopardy and legal and ethical obligations. At the end of the day I am glad you are not being sued and I hope whatever you have going on works out for the best.
Patrick, sorry, not trying to be rude or brusque in my earlier reply. Trust me, this is not an easy thing for me, neither. So I can go into defensive mode rather quickly.

In any event I strongly suggest that if you have not read this entire thread, to please do so. I believe that I have expressed the "why" of all this pretty sufficiently.

But in a nutshell, the reason is because the BOI (and pretty much this site as a whole) is not getting anywhere near the support that it used to. It is my opinion that the site's lack of support (not just financially, but the weight of a large majority of the people in this industry) can no longer justify the liability incurred should I have to fight even a frivolous and legally unwarranted lawsuit by some disgruntled "bad guy". Basically, I don't have the majority of people at my back for the Board of Inquiry that I felt used to be there. Without that, well, time to drop my support too. The numbers just aren't here any longer.

FaunaClassifieds will still be here as long as the traffic warrants it. But as I have stated before, I will NOT go into the red to keep this site afloat. The rest of this site outside of the Board of Inquiry does not subject me to anywhere near the legal jeopardy, so that lowers the goal post for what I feel is needed to keep it running.

Anyway, got more long winded than I had intended, since nearly all of the above has already been stated in earlier posts I made in this thread. But I think you get the idea now, anyway.