FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #54
senusenu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
This was an unfortunate situation and there was a delivery issues as stated, once we reached a point of non delivery or even the possibility I issued a refund immediately as I did explain and email.
I also kept in communication up until the point were I was informed by customer that she had requested a charge back via her credit card issuer, ontop of the refund there is not much I can do at that point..We do not directly handle credit cards, however once a third party requests a charge back its then out of my hands, meaning there is nothing I can physically do to stop it, the issuing bank releases the funds to customer, so the lack of communication was only because to my understanding the transaction had been completed, having heard nothing to contradict that, that was a safe mindset to have.
however it was not until today did I find out otherwise. I immediately contacted the customer and will continue to work the problem until it is resolved 100%. The customer also has my direct phone and email and always has an open line of communication if need be. Whenever there is an issue regardless of the situation our customers will never lose their money if there is an error on my part. Simple as that.
Can you provide proof that a refund was issued? Third party or not, there will be some kind of receipt for a refunded transaction. Or a bank statement showing the refunded funds withdrawn from your account. There will be a record of this somewhere.

If you do have proof of a refund, and the customer has proof they did NOT receive it, then you need to speak to your "third party" who handles the transactions and find out why they took money from you and did not return it to the customer.