FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #69
ladyknite
Vicki
I can see you missed the point. My post was not about insinuations or accusations. It was full of questions. Questions that would finalize the thoughts of so many. If we don’t soundly answer those questions……..do they not lay as dormant thoughts? I never accused anyone of anything, nor do I intend to. But typically, those easily offended are the ones that carry the most guilt.

Wendy Thomas posted :
I emailed Dr. Jacobson and asked the following questions:

How many dragons were tested? From how many colonies? How many were suspected of having adenovirus and were showing some type of symptoms? How many were otherwise healthy and the owner was testing to see if they carried the virus? What part of the U.S. were the dragons from? Where were the breeders located that they originated from? Was it more prevalent in some areas of the country? What is the testing time period?

He emailed back and said I presented a number of very good questions but it is beyond their ability to provide answers to all of them. He also said many people provide samples without giving them detailed background on their animals..

Can the answers to those questions that Wendy asked be given at this time? If so, where are they?

Without contacting a very busy man to ask the same repetitive questions of him, I relied on the information given to us by Wendy. I feel what she has to offer to this community is in it’s best interests and considering her position, she has no need or desire to lie to anyone.

What is positively indicated is that we don’t have the answers we seek. Plain and simple. Why is ok for one group of people to “question the answers” before this paper was released and now that another group had additional questions it’s not ok? Was there not a controversial discussion over the validity of EM fecal and PCR and the rate of accuracy? Did this community find some sort of answer in those discussions? It appears that it must have.
Now, I must know, since when is it not ok to rely on the information posted by respectable members?

Did Jacobson not say that Potentially positive animals should not be bred? So tell us……..without testing, how does one determine that fine line?

I’ll not apologize for asking questions that are well within my rights and in the minds of more than just me. You can forget that. I was under the assumption that this forum was designed to discuss possibilities and potentials to better carry on this species. But since you seem to be the leader of authority here……….I’ll assume that observation was wrong.

I find it astonishing that this is how you address the people Vicki. The same people that look to you as a possible breeder for the dragon they choose. I am nobody to you, I am only a person that owns dragons. Yet you immediately insult me, without the first attempt to offer information into the inquiry I made. I also asked questions as to what is thought to make some appear healthy and others die……..but that got blown off to the side for you act as tho this were a personal attack on you.
I refuse to belittle myself or you by uttering profanities at you like a spoiled child much in the same way you’ve done. Grow up………it’s not a business for all of us.

I have no guilt for what I said. But the thought isn’t mine alone. Maybe you should run your own study on that.