FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #84
Strike_Force_Reptiles
that could be why the digestion arguement is still at hand, it is still unproven though that hots in captivity where temps are monitored need venom to digest food. although i'm still not knocking the idea that they do but until it is proved one way or another i cant say either way. i'ld rather be positive than to send false signals to anyone. also as far as the venomoids shouldnt be used for educational things that the links say, they are looking at it as if you will be free handling them like Crazy Ray lol. that is also not true and should not be done. i do not free handle mine at educational shows. i simply pull them out with a hook and put them 5' - 6' from me and also use the hook to extend them so that the kids can see their pattern good so i can point out markings and help them id the snakes incase they do find them selves running up on 1 they know to get away and leave it alone. i also use a 6@1/2' plexiglass cage around me to help in keep the snakes from getting loose from me. thats just another way i promote safty. i for no reason will free handle venomous or venomoid. the only way i would is if it did get loose and get close to someone watching and then ild snatch it up and take my chances but so far have never had that happen. its goes back to responsibility. and again i am in no way promoting the ownership of venomoids because i prefer hots but i do think its best to use venomoids for (REAL)educational shows for extended safty reasons. i also say this again venomoids are not 100% safe so procations should always be taking. i go the extra mile to protect my customers and others around me as should all herpers.

ok this was my last post lol just had to get that out there