FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - good beginner venomous snake
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #65
Irwin
Scott, looks like you have a very nice set up. I also have a snake buliding which is escape proof, and locked. It has windows all around, so it is easy to see whats going on without having to enter. Ants have a hard time finding a way to get in and out of my "reptibuilding" , It is a controlled environment inside, staying 70 F, and 50% humidity at all times, so temp regulating the cages is easy. Since I read the entire snakegetters web site over and over again,I have made some changes, I have the middle of the floor completety clear, for when I graduate to more venomous species, so they are easily handled, when I turn 18, all the cages are very easy to see in, and see what the occupants are doing before you open the door. All the cages sit flat on the ground, so there is no hiding place underneath the cage. And when I say get more venomous species when I turn 18 (something i should have said earlier), I mean that between my 14th, and 18th year, I am allowed the copperhead, which i already have, and then my pick between a cottonmouth, and a pygmy rattler. I am wanting the pygmy rattler more as of now.

Tanith,
Thanks for the link, I will get my mom and dad to look at it.