FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - All BD breeders should read this...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
OEdwards
All BD breeders should read this...

I know that I myself and everyone else out there hates PARASITES. As our responsibility as Bearded Dragon Breeders we should all test our breeders for parasites prior to and even after breeding to ensure maximum health. I believe that if this message or a message like this were to be sent to every breeder we could substantially reduce the parasitic infection of bearded dragons. So what you need to do this at home can be found at beautifuldragons.com(This not meant as advertising but as an informer.)
Materials:
1 Microscope-$135
Fecasol-8oz.-$6
Fecal Testers-$45 for 50
Parasite ID chart-$5
Microscope slide-$8
Microscope Cover Slips-$6
Albon-$9(If Needed)
Pancur-$6-$15(If Needed)
Needleless Syringes-$1 a Piece(If Needed)
For those breeders like me that do perform fecals tops off to you. For those that do not there is now no excuse not to for I have given you a list of supplies and where to obtain them. And if you still do not test your breeders then there is no point in breeding for you are bring unhealthy dragons into a world that I hope will no longer tolerate such things. And if you still are reluctant to test them than do not ever bother taking part in breeding It is not worth it. But for those of you that do we are upholding a standard and it is a small price to pay for a rewarding business.

Also quarantine any new dragon you get please Even if you do not breed for I personal hate it when someone complains back that one of my dragons is dead or is no longer active and I ask them if they have them in with furniture from a previous dragon or are housing them with a dragon other than a sibling dragon and they say yes... I tell them that they should probably blame themselves for no proper quarantine before introducing foreign bodies. And before swapping out furniture between cages or introducing a dragon to new furniture BAKE IT! at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
Please help reduce infectious parasites and keep hygiene to a max!

Thank You,
OEdwards