FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - All BD breeders should read this...
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
august quion
Great info and I have been doing my own testing for over a year and keep over 30 dragons and have had to treat 3 of them over the past year all three were picky eaters,foul poop, on the skinny side and heavy loads of pin and round worms and high coccidia. I do watch level of pin and coccidia in dragons just out of brumation its crazy how fast counts drop after 5 weeks of eating good diet and soaking twice a week with no medication yea I look at poop every week and love it and I only medicate if high counts last more than a month. I do have to say that in my opinion there are a few great big breeders that i know out their that don't treat for parasites, why because they cull any that fall victim to parasites, this is actually good for the strength of the dragon lines in my opinion. I would rather have a dragon that is from a female with a natural good immune system that keeps parasites at low levels than a female that has been treated several times with panacur and albon. (just my 2 cents)