FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is this possible? Australian Water Dragon & Gippsland Water Dragon Hybrids?!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
Physignathus
I wish I had more recent photos of Wayne, when you could see the turquoise color coming in. But it was the same color the Gippsland water dragons have. I would also like to state that I am in no way an expert on Australian or Gippsland water dragons. I am just interested in them. That's why I decided to make this discussion, because it's very hard to find other people who keep them and there isn't much related information online. But I'm not sure if Physignathus Lesueurii and Physignathus Lesueurii Howittii normally breed freely together in Australia or, if bred, do they produce sterile offspring or are really considered hybrids? Maybe their bloodlines are all intermingled in Australia and they just produce unique offspring once in a while? I'm hoping someone more experienced in the species can tell me more about the relationships between the 2 subspecies. Thanks for your time, if you made it this far. I know I ramble a lot. :P