FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry William Wohlers?
Thread: Inquiry William Wohlers?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #39
dustinNMpythons
William Wohlers
Add to contacts
9/04/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Dustin B.
wohlerswi@yahoo.com
Dustin you continue to be incorrect. I realize you think she isn't a het because you do not understand genetics. It does not mean 50% of the clutch to be visuals. It means EVERY SINGLE EGG has a 50% chance of being a visual. Then with your logic, what if a female lays only one egg? By your reasoning that one egg would HAVE to be a visual? Who decides that? With one egg, that egg still only has a 50% chance of being a visual.

When you breed het to het, a quarter of the babies will be visual and every other egg will be 66% possible het for the visual. Its not you have a 66% chance on the entire clutch. That just doesnt make sense. I have a bachelors in Biology with a strong emphasis on genetics, and you are just wrong.

I'm still not convinced she isnt a het either. I assume your lavender doesnt have any pied genetics? You say all lavender lines are compatible, but that hasnt actually been proven. That's not what I was saying anyway. I was saying that maybe Josh's animal was some other form of albino and looked lavender, or maybe yours looks lavender but in fact is not. There are many factors that could lead to why you didnt produce any visuals. I just produced a clutch of greeri from a hypo male het for white bred to a double het for white hypo female (I know she is double het for sure because I produced her) and every single baby in the clutch was a normal het hypo possible het for white. These things happen all the time. Its genetics its not a guarantee.

Ill get back up with you Saturday. In the meantime sent me over those pics of her breeding, her laying eggs, and of the clutch that hatched.
Will

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:43 AM, Dustin B. <dustin_2020@hotmail.com> wrote:

Actually your only partially right it means 50% of the entire clutch would be visual which coming from a 9 egg clutch is damn near impossible to not even get a single visual. I only breed ball pythons. Just get back to me when you can