FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry William Wohlers?
Thread: Inquiry William Wohlers?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #40
dustinNMpythons
William Wohlers
Add to contacts
9/08/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Dustin B.
wohlerswi@yahoo.com
You don't know genetics Dustin. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest or a war, but things you have said show you don't know what your saying. The percentage refers to every single egg, not the clutch as a whole. When you said you bred a visual to a het and didnt produce any visual so she is not het 100% for sure because het to visual you HAVE to produce at least one visual: right there you obviously don't understand genetics. Not trying to be mean, or nastly. But you are trying to get a refund for something based on its genetics, that you dont completely understand. You hardly have a reputation either. You have a bunch of people that you have purchased from, but few that have purchased from you. When you blow up and turn into a hot head, you come off as unintelligent Dustin. I have a stellar reputation, and have been in the business a long time my friend so don't even begin to try and make yourself believe your reputation is 100X mine. That makes you sound silly.

Now I'm not going to be fighting with you anymore. Like I said Im trying to help you, because you are a customer of mine. Not because I have to and not because the animal I sold you is anything other than what you purchased it as. Now can I get those pictures of the proof you said you would send me?

I'm sure you are aware I cant just take your word for it. You could have easily produced some amazing animals from her, and are just trying to turn around now that you produced what you needed, and trade her for something else. Not saying you are doing that, but I am explaining why I need those photos. Even if she didnt produce a visual for you this year, I know she is still a het. Like I said many times. I have proven many animals I received from Josh. I know she is 100% a double het, and you just hit bad odds on her this year. Just because you had a bad year doesnt mean you should jump ship with her and the project.
Will

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:46 PM, Dustin B. <dustin_2020@hotmail.com> wrote:

I've been breeding ball pythons many years don't tell me i don't know genetics. My reputation is 100x what yours is. Out of 4 eggs visual to het you should get two visuals and two hets by the odds but it doesn't always work out that way. I've made clowns, lavenders, caramel glows and tons of other recessive stuff so I have real world experience stop trying to bull shit me with your i have a degree in Biology, because I don't care. And actually it's a lavender 100% het for pied and for 9 eggs to have zero visuals that's damn near impossible. I'm not arguing about the subject anymore because it's just a pissing contest at this point, bottom line is the female you sold me didn't do what she was supposed to out of 9 eggs. could she be het... possibly but it's a tiny tiny tiny chance at this point.

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:09:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Snake
To: dustin_2020@hotmail.com

Dustin you continue to be incorrect. I realize you think she isn't a het because you do not understand genetics. It does not mean 50% of the clutch to be visuals. It means EVERY SINGLE EGG has a 50% chance of being a visual. Then with your logic, what if a female lays only one egg? By your reasoning that one egg would HAVE to be a visual? Who decides that? With one egg, that egg still only has a 50% chance of being a visual.

When you breed het to het, a quarter of the babies will be visual and every other egg will be 66% possible het for the visual. Its not you have a 66% chance on the entire clutch. That just doesnt make sense. I have a bachelors in Biology with a strong emphasis on genetics, and you are just wrong.

I'm still not convinced she isnt a het either. I assume your lavender doesnt have any pied genetics? You say all lavender lines are compatible, but that hasnt actually been proven. That's not what I was saying anyway. I was saying that maybe Josh's animal was some other form of albino and looked lavender, or maybe yours looks lavender but in fact is not. There are many factors that could lead to why you didnt produce any visuals. I just produced a clutch of greeri from a hypo male het for white bred to a double het for white hypo female (I know she is double het for sure because I produced her) and every single baby in the clutch was a normal het hypo possible het for white. These things happen all the time. Its genetics its not a guarantee.

Ill get back up with you Saturday. In the meantime sent me over those pics of her breeding, her laying eggs, and of the clutch that hatched.
Will

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:43 AM, Dustin B. <dustin_2020@hotmail.com> wrote:

Actually your only partially right it means 50% of the entire clutch would be visual which coming from a 9 egg clutch is damn near impossible to not even get a single visual. I only breed ball pythons. Just get back to me when you can.