FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 06:15 AM   #54
Mustangrde1
The Laws of Florida I posted were NOT proposed they are the exact laws. Something may have been missed in the copy and paste the converter from PDF to HTML does that on occasion.

As to the comment on not being able to do it in a year Both my wife and I were able to do it holding down Jobs at the time and volunteering after or before them. It is possible it takes dedication and the will and want to do so.

The laws are tough here for a reason. The Inspections are done and the officers who do them are very complete with making sure you abide by them. It is well wourth it though It has checks and balances through the whole process. You Have to be trained which means with an experianced handler. Safety check . You have to be inspected. Safety check.

As to moving to this state and wanting to keep your snake. All you need to do is before moving send them a copy of your out of state license or experiance before hand. Have your inspection withen 30 days of moving here and your good to go. I know several people who have done this with out a problem.

Scott Bice