FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 10:45 PM   #69
WebSlave
Well, a perfect example presented itself today to underscore what I have been saying.

Our submersible well pump died. I did all the diagnostics to rule out everything else, but no go for an easy fix. Bad pump by ruling out everything else. The tank and the well casing going into the ground are quite distant from the house, because it was pre-existing when we bought the property. Which was 30 some years ago. So now it is pretty much in the woods. Fortunately I did clear some brush away from some areas close by, over the last couple of years, but still a lot to do when I got a round tuit. Got a guy coming out tomorrow to replace the pump, but he says he needs to be able to get his crane within 5 to 8 ft. of the well. Otherwise he just can't do the job. That is going to be a big problem with how it is right now, unless his crane is on a tank or a monster 4 wheeler. There is NO path accessible via truck to that water pump right now.

I asked a friend to bring a tractor over tomorrow early AM, to bushhog a path from our driveway back to the pump. I also have to be manning the pole saw because a lot of yaupon saplings along with grape vines are overhanging the pump and there is no way the guy would be able to get to the crane to drop straight down to pull out that pump straight up out of the ground. So I have to be manning the pole saw and the chainsaw to cut all that overhanging mess away. Not sure what my cardiologist would say about me doing this sort of activity less than a week from the surgery, but I really don't have any choice. Hopefully I won't end up in the ER tomorrow with another heart incident but these are the cards I was dealt today. Connie sure as hell can't be doing it, so I'm the guy holding the short straw. And she is pretty much having a kitten about me going out there doing that kind of work right now. But what are my choices? We have no running water right now.

Weather forecast is saying rain after 2pm, so hopefully they aren't wrong and I wind up doing that work in the rain too. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am flipping a coin on this one. Could go either way. Or could be it will be both if I die and am pretty strong smelling because I didn't get that shower I was planning on tonight. Probably not the optimum thing to be doing for my recovery period. Are know you are all telling me I need to relax, but how can I when stuff like this pops up? It's not like I have a lot of choices in the matter. Connie sure as heck can't be out there helping me, because I sure don't want her being bitten by mosquitoes, and chances are she would get cut from the saplings and branches and as a result subject to possible infections. So yeah, I am IT.