FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 05:10 PM   #70
WebSlave
My friend with the tractor showed up a little after 6:00am. He had been planning on showing up around 8:30, but he knew I would be out there working to clear that path before he got there so he wouldn't be yelling at ME to take it easy after the heart stuff I've been through, and he wanted to try to head ME off. I had been planning on getting out there around 7:00am. So yeah, he knew what I was thinking. I didn't sleep much anyway, and was actually awake when the driveway alarm went off.

Honestly, no way I could have gotten that done without his help. At least not in less than a week. I was cutting vines, but honestly, holding that extended hedge trimmer over my head was pretty taxing work. I had to take frequent breaks. My stamina just isn't what is used to be.

The well repair guys got there around 11:00 or so, and their name "Lightning Quick" really seems to suit them. They didn't waste any time. Come to find out that the pump was actually OK. What had happened was that the pipe from the well head down to the pump was made of PVC and apparently over the past 10 years since that pump was put in, had been flexing enough from the torque from the pump motor to actually break a wire going to the pump. They testing the pump itself and the windings were about dead center in the specs, so they recommended just to keep on using that pump, since it is an excellent brand known to continue working 20 years or more. They replaced the PVC piping with metal pipe and new did new wiring. Working like a champ right now. I drained both legs of the water lines for an hour each to clear out all the gunk from the water being disturbed. It was quite muddy when the guy started the pump and just had the water shooting out onto the ground.

Oh yeah, good thing they were "Lightning Quick" because they got done right before the skies opened up and it poured like hell. I got soaked getting the check for them, and then helping my friend (Rickey) back out of the driveway with that trailer with his tractor on it. Actually, had I had a bar of soap with me then, I wouldn't be needing a shower tonight.

Anyway, I had "resumed normal activity" for me, and so far I haven't dropped over dead. Of course, tomorrow morning might be another story. But I'll be going with Connie to her chemo treatment, so if my heart acts up, she can just drop me off at the ER on the way.

So as I have mentioned before, sure, I would like to be able to take it easy for a month of so after the heart surgery, but sometimes it just is not possible to do. Sometimes things just HAVE to be done, with no other options available. I am just lucky that Rickey is retired too, and was able to come right over to help with his tractor. Otherwise I would have had to be working a lot harder for a lot longer to do what needed to be done.

Aren't these "Golden Years" I have reached just the best ever?