FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One More Reason to Test for Adenovirus
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #64
Neverland Dragons
Vicki-

when I stated testing results being positive or negative regarding Dr. Wentz, I was referring only to the tests he did on his animals. I was not making assumptions about all dragons being tested. I was trying to finish my post before I had to go somewhere and I guess I did not make it clear enough that I was referring to only the tests he had done. That is why I said I thought it was important information, but did not provide definitive answers for testing results.

I also agree that it is important to point out that there are clutches that test positive, but do not have any die offs. I hope it is known why at some point. It could be that there is more than one strain or it could be that it effects the immune system of various dragons differently. It could also be what you are suggesting regarding there being other health issues present with the dragons. We just do not know. I have only spoke of what was the case with my dragons. That is why it is important for others to speak of their experiences. The more information the better.