FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #13
Arizona Tortoise Compound
I emailed Darik & Wanda and made them aware of this thread.... also stated I was a long time customer that breeds there offspring and would really like for them to come here and prove the Hypos finally.

I purchased a 10 lot of Libyan Greek hatchlings from them a few years back and they were all Syrian & Ibera Greeks, not Libyans. After I purchased the 10 lot of Libyans and before they arrived, Darik posted a wholesale lot of Ibera Greeks with the same picture as the Libyans. I emailed asking why this was and also at that time the hatchlings showed up and I expressed my concern with the difference in the species and the look of the tortoises. I didnt hear anything back from them for a while and had to send the email a few more times over the coarse of a few weeks. He then proceeded to tell me that he has a hard time telling the Libyan and Ibera greeks apart and that he might of had Iberas with the Libyans. Well two years passed, the hatchlings turned into yearlings and half were Ibera and the other half Syrians Greeks. None were Libyans. At this time I lost all hope that the sunset hypos were real.... I already had concerns about the Sunsets, do to the lack of proof they could offer.

I do have a (2.1) 100% hets that I have had for many years. Currently breeding the 100% het males to normal P.P. Leo female and producing 66% possible hets. The 100% het female is not large enough to breed yet. I offer my 66% het hatchlings at normal P.P. Leo prices due to the lack of proof that the Hypos are real.

Nickolas, the videos you shared broke my heart and further makes me think that the thousands of dollars and the years invested into my Sunset Hypo project will be a waste.
The male in the video is the male in the original photo mounting the pink tortoise. Remember the photo that the grass was pink too and the males shell also had a pink hue to it. ( Do you have this picture, please share it) If I owned a pink and black Leopard Tortoise, I would be sharing those videos rather then my motorcycle or of a male biting my finger with a normal female. The setup in very disappointing as well. I can now see how they were able to steal Wanda and Darik's Albino Snappers and all the other expensive animals they lost a few years back due to theft.
I hope Wanda and Darik will come onto this BIO with video proof that shows clearly that the Sunset Hypo line is true. I truly believe they owe this to all the hundreds of customers over the years that they received money from.

Also Randy Limburg is the founder of the Pardalis Pardalis Leopards in the states. Randy imported his herd over 25 years ago. He did sell to Jeff G for sometime until he got ripped off by him for thousands of dollars. Then Jeff got cut off. Jeff lied his a** off about the whole thing and is a horrible person. Hints why he is out of the business. Randy also was selling to a gentleman on the east coast, a gentleman on TFO and Ben S. All of those animals offered where produced from Randy Limburg from his location. My adult Pardalis Pardalis came from Randy Limburg lines. All the Pardalis Pardalis hatchlings are Randy's line except Wanda's so called hets. Randy has a large group of p.p Leos and are herd breed. Meaning there is not a bottleneck of bloodlines yet. I have been producing Pardalis Pardalis hatchlings and 66% possible Het hatchlings for some time now. Randy and I are good friends and I am providing his tortoises to the reptile community. I am honest with tortoise community and customers when asked about the bloodlines. I am also producing my own bloodlines that are a mix of Randy's and Wanda's.

Reading the email response you got from Wanda is the exact same thing she has been saying for years. Still with no proof. Very upsetting!!!!!!!

Pictures of the blue hatchling, that is the same look as my hatchling pardalis pardalis when they come out of the incubator. Its a lack of oxygen and or light. Once the tortoises are placed outdoors, they darken up. Shame on them for this.

It the Sunset Hypos are true, they should have pictures, videos or someone that could back them. Most all breeders agree with you Nickolas, but don't bother with the BIO crowd. Vanilla Neon Dwarf Leopards took them down a huge notch on the Reptile community ladder. Tons of people are upset at this, they are line breed animals that are light in color, not Vanilla, not Neon , not dwarf. They should be proud to be able to line breed for a lighter color and accomplish it, but labeling them that way is horrible and doesnt work for the tortoise community. There is no such thing as Ivory Leopards Tortoises and Vanilla Neon Dwarf Leopard Tortoises, all just sale pitches or at best line breed animals for lighter traits.