FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 12:10 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Feel free to furnish ample photographic evidence of multiple sunset hypo F2s and add such to the BOI thread to help support your claims.

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:03 PM
Subject: Re:

i have not heard from jeff gee in many years since he was posting on kingsnake as cbw foundation ,but that was what jeff told me back then ,i don't know what he has been dong since then but that is what he told me back then , at any rate his large herd is still in production today in the usa which would account for dealers having a lot to sell . so there is only a hand full of people who live where the eggs can be left in ground and after all these years of large numbers of pp produced by jeff randy and a handful of others , only a handful produce this year and mostly randy puts out the rest .so over all these years 1000s of pp have been produced in the USA and only these few people have ever hatched any . i have averaged about 20 pp some years much less since 2004/5 so maybe i produced 100 to 150 tortoises , out of these because i am in va and ground hatch these for part of the year likely high male ,i have only seen males for resale on line, the earliest hets have produced visual hypos and have been sold on kingsnake , a number of these het sunsethypos have been sold local to friends in my herp club and there are a few females ,the biggest ones are in the 10 inch range and none have yet to produce , and only a few have ever been sold where they can be left outside year around to ground hatch , you have yet to tell me if you or the hand full of people that hatched pp have bred any het sunsethypo ? or for that matter do you or any of your friends even have a sexed pair of sunset hypo? because i sell these often 1 or 2 or 3 at a time and sometimes a quantity group that gets resold one or two at a time ,not to mention some do not survive to adult size , out of the few that i have sold i am not even sure this soon that there are any adult females other then one or two from early hatching . females need to be much larger then males and take longer to grow other then the early on few there may not even be a adult female at this time. so you are trying to compare the handful of people who reproduce these or had some luck hatching these this year ,when 1000s were put on the maket over the last 40 years as well as wc still producing , as well as numbers of wc imports that were brought in , to the tiny cb number that i have put out not know if any females are large enough to breed yet ,we do not even now anyone at this time who has a adult breeding pair of het sunsethypo .you and your friends included . it makes me curous as to your motivation having all the p.pardalis breeders as your friends , and none it seems have bred any het sunsethypo hmmm

------------------------------------------------------

Yet again.