FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #200
Edwina
I wanted to thank CheriS for sharing this link on one of my mailing lists in regards to someone who purchased a bd from Fire & Ice and it appears to have been lethargic for sometime now.
My husband and I backed out of a deal this past fall with Fire & Ice only because we thought they wanted too much for a pair of adult dragons that weren't breeding for them. He talked to her a few times and would relay what was said over the phone and I was always like, thats just way too much. I could see maybe paying that for a Snow Boa or Mojave Ball Python but adult bearded dragons that arent breeding at all for you?? There has to be something wrong.
Since then he has gone back and forth with the idea of buying some dragons from a company out of Washington (cant remember the name atm, its 2:55 am right now), or Fire & Ice. I can guarantee you that we will not be buying anything from them till their business practices change for the better.
I never knew this part of the forum was here till we were scammed with a adult female BP (paid the money but never got her). My husband found out about this from another forum when he started asking questions. Now a days before he finalize anything, he does a search on here and finds out if they have positive or negative feedback.
Needless to say this has made for some very interesting reading and my brain really hurts at this point. My heart goes out to everyone who has been decieved and conned by Fire & Ice. I hope your beardies recover with some of the advice CheriS gave you above.
She was great in helping me out when i've had problems with two dragons I got months ago that were shipped to me with YFD. Not fun. CheriS has earned my respect. When I'm reading posts on the various bd mailing lists im on. I scan over a lot of them until I see her post or a few others like Nicholle's and I'll read them thoroughly and decide to read the whole subject matter or discard it for the time being. I appreciate people like CheriS and other's who care enough to help you out when you are faced with something completely foreign and new going umm should I panic or is this normal. Like in my case with my two dragons that will always be at the opposite end of the house than rest of my reptiles because I want nothing to infect my collection. The morning after they came to me when I went to bathe them I noticed the one had what looked like a urine stain on her underbelly and after her bath got on to the mailing lists and emailed my questions and Cheri and a few others emailed me about what they thought it might be. I had a few days prior read about YFD and was like ok thats something I want to avoid at all costs and low and behold I am shipped two sick beardies with it. I have those beardies still, taking care of them the best I can. It was suggested to me to ship them back and have him refund me and pay for all shipping costs but I couldnt bring myself to it. He would either 1. send them to someone else who might dump them someplace and they die or 2. he dumps them or destroys them and I just couldnt do that to them. As long as they are here I know they are being watched after and taken care of to the best of our ability.
Anyways back to the subject at hand. I am sorry for those who have been hurt and ripped off by Fire & Ice and hope that this will help others from being ripped off further. I seriously doubt we will ever do any business with them just from things we were told last fall and what I've read here. I know my husband will feel the same way after he reads this post.
Stephanie

PS CheriS, hope I didnt embarrass you too much, I really appreciated your help with Terry & Jerry (dont ask my daughter and I were being goofy giving them baths when we named them). Oh and an update for you on them, havent seen anything on either of them for a month now. Which is awesome. They will never be in the same room with rest of my bd's and snakes. I dont want to take any chances. Thanks again CheriS for all your help and advice.