FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #79
Jay the Turtleman
I like to play Devil's Advocate every now and then.

I have never butted heads with Webslave, so I have no reason to dislike him. But yes, replying with "The feedback forum is your friend" is snarky and condescending. I have been here for years, I think before there were "contributing members" and "non-contributing members".

I remember awhile back I received an email, presumably from Webslave, that he was considering making the site something you had to pay for, and if memory serves me correctly no part of it was to be free. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But there was one part of that email that has always stood out to me, and I vaguely remember it to this day. I'm paraphrasing here, but it said something like, "Why should I continue to do this for free when I could be lying on a beach somewhere?"

It struck me as odd that he seemed angry about something, yet until then I had had no contact with him in the past. I wondered why he seemed to be carrying a grudge around, and based on the wording of his email, I replied by telling him to go ahead and delete my account. I didn't come back here for a long time afterwards, thinking my account would be deleted and I wouldn't be able to view the forums.

This is not to say that Webslave is a bad guy, maybe just a little sarcastic or moody. Obviously, I came back some time later and found that my account was still active. But is it possible that the OP had already been expecting a confrontation based on past interactions, or viewing interactions with others?

It's easy to misconstrue something when it's typed, rather than said to you. Sometimes being funny or playfully insulting doesn't come across the right way, and when you're conversing with all different kinds of people from all over the world, it doesn't always say what it means, or mean what it says. Either way, it sure is disappointing to see adults circling like vultures just to join in the bickering over some web site's slight adjustment to its features.